Did you know that Asparagus is a SUPERFOOD?
It’s filled with health benefits that are often overlooked, which is shame because if we knew more about it then we’d probably eat even more of it!
Here are 6 reasons to eat Asparagus:
- It is full of antioxidants which might actually slow down the aging process.
- Scientists in South Korea have discovered asparagus can help with hangovers. It has been found to boost levels of key enzymes that can help break down alcohol.
- It is a great good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells. The fiber also helps to reduce constipation and the folate is great for women at the early stages of their pregnancies.
- It is a rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens, so eating asparagus might actually help protect against certain forms of cancer. This has not been 100% proven yet but we all know that healthy eating will lead to healthy living!
- It may help our brains fight cognitive decline, and so improves the mental capacity of older adults.
- It contains high levels of the amino acid asparagine, which serves as a natural diuretic that rids the body of excess salts, so helps beat high blood pressure.
Watch this fantastic foodie film by Jotain maukasta which is not only beautiful but shows us a new, creative way to heat this super food.